IIM Indore: Post Graduate Certificate Program in Investment Banking.
The Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking (PGCPIB) is designed to offer the knowledge required for professionals to handle the various aspects of Investment Banking including asset management, security valuation, stocks, bonds and other derivative instruments to meet specified investment goals for the benefit of the investors.
This programme will also enable participants to take informed and effective decisions in the areas of M & A, IPOs, Valuation, Bond Trading Portfolio Advisory Services etc., and provide them with hands-on knowledge and skills to become a successful Investment Banker.
The core of the investment banking role is raising money for a client. This is primarily done in two ways - by issuing equity and debt of the company. A company wanting to issue bonds, hires an investment bank not only to help in structuring the bonds but also to tap potential investors through their vast network. It works the same way for raising capital - by selling equity, or stock. Investment bankers serve as the primary go-to people when a company holds an Initial Public Offer (IPO) to sell stock to the public.
Graduate / Post Graduate from Universities recognized by Association of Indian Universities with minimum 50% marks in either graduation or post-graduation (or its equivalent) with at least 2 years of work experience.
(Or) Fresher with professional qualification like CA/ ICWA/ CS/ CFA/ CFP are also eligible to apply for the programme.
· Course content and structure designed by IIM Indore in collaboration with Industry experts
· Faculty resource includes IIM Indore faculty & subject experts from Industry & other Institutes
· Practical case study driven approach
· Selection based on performance in Personal Interview, the candidate’s academic performance and relevant work experience.
· 5 days campus module at IIM Indore with faculty interactions and class schedule
· Virtual classrooms that allow for active interactions with faculty
· Certificate of Completion from IIM Indore
· IIM Indore Alumni status
· Convenient Weekend Timing- Sunday Classes
1. Application Form: All interested candidates should fill out the application as per the attached file and send to IIM Indore directly.
The completed application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft (DD)/ Banker’s Cheque (BC) drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Management Indore”, payable at Indore for Rs. 2950/-(Rupees Two Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty Only) inclusive of GST 18%. The application form complete in all aspects must reach the below address on or before the last date for acceptance of applications:
Amit Prakash Sharma, General Duty Assistant
Virtual Learning Programme for Executives (VLPE) Office,
Indian Institute of Management Indore,
PrabandhShikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road,
Indore, Pin - 453556, Madhya Pradesh, India
Tel: + 91-731-2439676
2. Application Screening: Upon submission of the completed application form, the application will be screened based on the candidate’s academic performance and relevant work experience.
3. Personal Interview: Short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview. The personal interview will be conducted through video conferencing at different study centers across India.
4. Selection: The selection to the programme is based on performance in Personal Interview, the candidate’s academic performance and relevant work experience.
The programme is spread over a period of twelve months. In order to supplement the learning through the technology platform, there will also be a five-day long on-campus orientation. Courses to be offered in this programme are as follows:
· Fundamentals of Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation
· Financial Management
· Investment Management
· Investment Banking I
· Investment Banking II
· Mergers & Acquisitions (Strategy Perspective)
· Options, Futures, and Fixed Income Securities
· Economic Environment for Business
· Industry Lectures
Programme duration: 12 Months
Application Fee: INR 2, 950/- Incl GST (Two thousand nine hundred & fifty only)
Programme Fee: Rs. 300, 000 /- (Three Lacs only) plus GST as applicable. It can be paid in installments to IIM Indore as mentioned in the program brochure and post successfully clearing the interview & selection process.
Certification: The ‘Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Investment Banking’ will be awarded to the participants on successful completion of the Programme.
Pl take the print of attached application form and fill all the details as mentioned in the form and instructions given below.
Choice of Centre for Exam and Personal Interview (PI):
Exam and Personal Interview (PI) Centre Preference
DLIC02 (New Delhi)
For more details & guidance related to application process, you can contact Program Coordinator Ms Nidhi @ 97179-35182.